Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Hagerstown? Generally, you have three primary areas of your property for video protection: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Although your installation team can recommend where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Door
Even though it may seem crazy that an intruder would try to simply enter through the front door, 34% of break-ins occur at the front door. You also have delivery bandits among other risks to consider. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to manage all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you have the ability to converse with all guests who come and ring the bell. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may reply to all engagements with two-direction audio and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. In the event someone begins doing something questionable, you are able to have your video surveillance instantly document the event on video and send it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is well protected.
- The corners of your Hagerstown house provide a large viewing angle, seeing two parts of your yard.
- Just below an eave or straight into a bit of trim or siding are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by your home.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more likely entryway for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a patio or back door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the road.
For each installation, make sure you cut back any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct your view.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your home in Hagerstown. But the additional flexibility results in there being other installation variables to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to be certain your windows are secure, the sunshine that enters via a window can cast a glare on your video recording. Direct the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a surveillance device positioned in an elevated area will produce a broader view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookshelves or attached to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s broken. Install your devices in a spot where kids and your furry friends aren’t able to tamper with them. Consider mounting or another means of attaching them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best surveillance system will fail to be of much use if there is a houseplant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to conceal your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Dial (301) 288-1501 or complete the following form to start your project.