How Does Geofencing In Hagerstown Enhance A Home Security System?
The latest home security solutions are getting more capable every year. With that being said, you may still fail to complete easy security duties like arming your a home security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to worry about these things again? When utilizing geofencing in Hagerstown, you can simply leave the house and let your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Hagerstown For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you may customize within your smart security app. The technology then uses your mobile device to deduce when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices take advantage of to interact with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by grouping all devices onto a single network. You can then draw a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and designate particular actions as you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, when you exit your driveway, you may set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Below are several of the components you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your property’s security system in Hagerstown. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: program your smart components to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your security alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components activate based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan when the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera detects abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Have your lights lower, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system if you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Hagerstown
Whether you desire added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (301) 288-1501 or submit the form below to start designing your perfect security system.