How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In Hagerstown
Home security cameras can easily be placed as a warning—a sign that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with a plethora of additions all tailor-made to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools enable you to have the most from home security cameras in Hagerstown.
How To Set Up Your Hagerstown Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is mounting your devices in the best areas around your house. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good move to set a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to move around to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your patio, drive, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that aren’t quite as imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity could reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Video Surveillance
Device location is only the foundation for getting the utmost from home security cameras in Hagerstown. The features listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your phone anytime strange motion is detected. You can also program cameras to start filming when motions are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your video surveillance to record and save clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with anyone with the device. Through your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and gives you a more exhaustive look at any space. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that can pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can produce footage of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the flexibility to guard specific spots within your house.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Hagerstown is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (301) 288-1501 or fill out the form below to begin building your home security system today.