In the past, the components of your security system could only be installed where wires could go. Forget putting a security camera on a table or controlling your system with a cell phone. However, home security is much different now, and that’s largely due to the development of wireless technology. You currently have an array of extra benefits to enjoy -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker installs. Wireless home security systems in Hagerstown will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
Important Considerations When Going Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems must have a dependable Wi-Fi and internet connection to operate in a proper fashion. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a capable wireless router, you’re in a good position for a wireless setup.
If you’re concerned about an internet or power outage, explore security systems that have battery and cellular backups available to sustain the link to your monitoring specialists at all times.
In the event you reside in a rural setting without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired system will likely be better. Or It may also benefit you from a financial standpoint to opt for the traditional route if you move into a residence that currently has wiring for security components connected.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Hagerstown will boost the safety of your property, which is the main goal in the first place. However, if you prefer the chance of using the latest technology, check out these advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Get access to all the devices in your home from your locking systems to your surveillance cameras directly from your smartphone using the ADT Control app. You are able to check who’s at the front door, activate your smart lights, and even turn on your alarm on the rare chance you forgot to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency comes up, you can have updates dispatched right to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, damage to drywall, and long system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless gadgets is that you may install them virtually in any location and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you wish to add on later with other equipment, integrating devices into your network is easy.
- Interactions between components: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a reality with quick, two-way communications. You can set your system to take action in certain scenarios to enhance your protection and dissuade home invasions. For instance, if your exterior video camera detects unusual activity along your home’s perimeter, it may automatically direct your interior lighting to activate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Hagerstown
Even though wireless home security systems in Hagerstown have shown to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you have a few reservations about installing one. Here are a handful of the most frequent sources of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless devices may fail when the battery dies. While this might be true, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors usually should be positioned within a certain distance from your central command hub. ADT offers range extenders in some situations to boost your versatility.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of hacking exists. But you are able to do things to prevent this by utilizing secure passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only employ security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Experts
Have you decided to reap the benefits of Hagerstown wireless home security? Call (301) 288-1501 to consult with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the perfect package for your property.